Why we are marching:
While thousands are marching in Washington D.C. and across the United States, we will be marching in the streets of Pottstown to show the world and our leaders that we will resist attacks on our people, our communities and our planet.
We will march in solidarity with the Climate March in Washington to demonstrate our power and resistance. We will bring attention to the climate crisis and to the related problems that affect our communities. We will send our message to the White House and to our leaders in Congress and we will demand action.
We invite you to join the Pottstown Climate March on Saturday, April 29th, as we march to:
- Advance solutions to the climate crisis that are rooted in social and economic injustice and committed to protecting front-line communities and workers.
- Protect our right to clean air, water, land, healthy communities and a world at peace.
- Ensure public funds and investments create good paying jobs that provide a family-sustaining wage and benefits and preserve workers’ rights, including the right to unionize.
- Fund investments in our communities, people and environment to transition to a new clean and renewable energy economy that works for all.
- Protect our basic rights to a free press, protest and free speech.
March with us on April 29th as we come together to resist and march for our families, our communities and our planet.
Join us at 1:00 pm on East High Street next to The Hill School in Pottstown (801 East High Street). Rally following the march will take place at Riverfront Park along the Schuylkill River.
801 E High St
Pottstown, PA 19464
Google map and directions