The international United Nations Climate Change Conference will be held in Paris, France, at the Le Bourget site from November 30 to December 11, 2015.
This will be the 21st yearly session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 21) to the 1992 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the 11th session of the Meeting of the Parties (CMP 11) to the 1997 Kyoto Protocol. The conference objective is to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate, from all the nations of the world.
There is an official Unitarian Universalist delegation attending the conference (organized by the UU United Nations Office), made up of the following leaders:
- Rev. Peggy Clarke, Commit2Respond, UU Environmental Justice Collaboratory, UU Food Justice Ministry, First Unitarian Society of Westchester, Hastings on Hudson, NY
- Jan & Lynn Dash, UU-UNO Climate Justice Task Force, UU Congregation of Monmouth County, Lincroft, NJ
- Lara Fuchs, UU Congregations of Basel and Geneva, Switzerland
- Doris Marlin, All Souls Church, Unitarian, Washington DC
- David Tucker, Eno River UU Fellowship, Durham, NC
Commit2Respond members will be joining activists everywhere in collective actions around this event. All are invited to organize vigils, worship services, or other events in solidarity with the Paris conference!
180 Esplanade de l'Air et de l'Espace
Le Bourget, IDF 93350
Google map and directions